quest for life

Thursday, October 29, 2009

no matter the past

Reaching out in a world so blind,

grasping for the light.
Climbing up from the depths
that held me captive for so long.

Avoiding the sharp blades
that could rip open the wounds.
Cradling myself in the darkness
trying to seek comfort.

Fighting a past that has left my heart
torn to shreds.
Fighting for a future
not wanting things to be the same.

Pulling every ounce of strength
to hold myself up.
Trying to heal a heart
so broken from the pain.

Yes I will rise
above the damage that has been done.
Growing stronger
from the deep cuts in my soul.

The scars may be forever.......
But I will not allow them
to define me........

A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
but still I'm caught in your grace
No matter the past.
We cannot change what has happened.
We do have one power…
we can trust God to redeem the past.

If we let Him.
God can use the evil of what has happened
And transforms it into something good.
Failures can give way to a calling.
God’s grace can transform evil into good,
If we’re willing to receive God’s forgiveness,
To forgive others,
and to trust in God to work things out.

Your light will shine when all else fades
my heart n my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out.
From the inside out, my soul cries out

No comments: